Saturday, November 29, 2014

finished and started
Here is my first finished piece on paper. I added a dash of blueish mauve to give the stone shapes some depth.

I think it's finished, but sometimes it's hard to tell. You only know when you've done too much, lol! So I'll just let it rest for now.



This week I started on canvas with an inspirational pic from a book - will add the pic and book/artist details when I get them.

It's progressing well. To start, I used different paper tissue napkins and a piece of old music sheet to create some background texture. 

 
 
 The layers are coming up, but I need to paint out the foliage a bit more.

 
 
 It's coming along OK ...

 
I need to knock back some of the dark ocean around the lower section - perhaps with some swirly stencilling or something, in a lighter shade, hmmm ...


Also have to straighten the horizon and tweak a few bits at the bottom ... but I'm very happy with it so far. It's nearly there :-D


some jam
Made last week for family, tomorrow. It's yum if I do say so myself.

strawberry jam

Too much creativity is never enough!

cheers
Cait

1 comment:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Looks like it was a great W/S - your pieces are lovely. I especially like the stones.