Monday, November 10, 2014

Alison Holt workshop
Many months ago I booked to attend this 2-day workshop in Margaret River. I don't claim to be much of a machine embroiderer and almost baled a couple of times thinking it wasn't for me ... but so glad I didn't.

Great venue, good light and fresh air, lunch supplied and a whole work table to ourselves. Alison is an excellent teacher and it was worth doing, just for the tips!

My inspirational pic - it was quite dark and bright
so I had to tone it down somewhat

I started stitching in the left bottom corner.
Very happy with this.

Closer.
There's clearly an art to photographing silk
and I have yet to learn it, lol!
 


Getting there ...

Framed by L cards to crop.
Still more to do - and flowers to come yet,
in the foreground ...

I didn't get shots of everyone's work unfortunately - there were 16 of us. Click on the pic below (or any of them) to enlarge and see more detail.



Alison has very generously put our work up on her website under Student's Work ... go HERE to see more under Landscapes: A Picture.

You can also have a look at other workshops and Alison's beautiful work on her home page and gallery pages.

It's so nice to be creating again ;-)))

cheers
Cait


No comments: