Monday, May 11, 2009

It's home at last!!!

My Quilting Arts calendar quilt has finally turned up, yay!!! It was posted from Massachusetts in November last year, and initially I thought it had been held up in Christmas mail; then ... maybe it had gone by sea instead of air ... but time was dragging on and I was beginning to think I'd never see it again (sob).

Bed Means Home is home!

Then last week I had a call from the person who bought our house. She had some mail for us, despite several $$$ being paid to Australia Post for 12 months re-direction (grr!). Anyway, she'd misplaced my contact details and had put the parcel in a drawer just after Christmas and FORGOTTEN about it, as you do! Meanwhile, I'm over here less than 1 km away, having a breakdown at regular intervals - not knowing where it could possibly be.

Well, this is the abridged version of the story ... but I'm just so happy it's *home* where it belongs - at last.

And sorry Australia Post - I humbly eat my words!

2 comments:

Carol said...

My Granny used to say "All good things come to those who wait!" but I had and still have my reservations about that! You have certainly been put to the test. Happy for you that it was evenutally released from drawer capitivity.

sharon young said...

What a lovely quilt, no wonder you were stressing, it would have been awful to loose it.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, it was great to see you there.